CE&G’s forte is the geotechnical construction management of infrastructure renewal projects that involve roadways, creeks, and waterways. We intentionally limit our construction management services to geotechnical-related projects because we strongly believe that our knowledge and background provide benefits that our clients cannot get from conventional construction management firms. Our biggest advantage is that our strong design background enables us to identify geological and geotechnical issues in the field before they become bigger, costlier, and time-consuming problems.
From creek restoration and levee repair projects to large landslides and soil stabilization and improvement, CE&G provides a full spectrum of post-design construction management services which include:
- pre-bid constructability reviews;
- development and maintenance of cloudbased reporting;
- coordination of weekly progress meetings and minutes recording;
- RFI processing and change order review;
- value engineering;
- site instrumentation and remote sensing systems including tiltmeter and seismograph monitoring in real-time;
- pre- and post-construction distress evaluations of adjacent properties to minimize the potential for claims;
- supplemental QA field inspection by ACI/ICC-certified inspectors;
- supplemental laboratory confirmation testing by our materials testing laboratory certified by AASHTO, CCRL, and the Army Corps of Engineers;
- group and one-on-one training of public works inspectors on-site that emphasizes inspection protocols, documentation, and conflict management;
- orthophoto topographic mapping to monitor work progress by our in-house FAA-licensed UAS operators; and
- constant interaction with contractors, engineers, testers, owners, regulators, and agency representatives.