CE&G provides qualified and experienced monitors and technicians to provide comprehensive Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) services for a wide variety of landfills and related facilities. CQA monitoring and testing are provided for site preparation earthwork, new cell development and final cover construction, including drainage, low permeability clay, geosynthetic liner installation, and operations layer placement, and final covers.
We recognize that CQA monitoring requires thorough documentation, verification, and testing throughout the project construction phases. Our monitors and technicians are well-trained and capable of providing the appropriate and necessary level of documentation needed to demonstrate that each project is completed according to plans and specifications and can subsequently be shown to satisfy the requirements of the owner/operator, design engineer, the Regional Water Quality Control Board, and other regulatory bodies.
CE&G’s CQA clients include operators of both privately and publicly operated solid waste disposal facilities. We also regularly provide related geotechnical and construction management services to cities, counties, flood control, wastewater agencies, and various other special districts. Monitoring, documentation, and testing services can be provided for either quality assurance or quality control purposes depending on the project.
- Construction documentation and reporting
- Geosynthetic logging and sampling
- Nuclear density testing
- Subgrade and excavation acceptance
- In-situ field testing and sampling (i.e. sand cone, moisture content, permeability, index properties, compaction curves, etc.)
- Infiltration testing
- Environmental sampling and conformance testing
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Geologic mapping
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for mapping and documentation during and after construction (as-builts)